The Evalenzs in Greece and the Royal guard in Jordan

If you go downtown Athens, Syntagma precisely, and go up the stairs of the metro, you will see strange dressed soldiers walking in an even stranger way in a small square on the other side of the street. I had to video tape them on my camera:

They are called Evzones and they are the Presidential guard. The video I took is at the tomb of the unknown soldier. They can be found in other place. Read more here.

I can assume that I can make a comparison of the Evzones to our Jordan Royal Guard that guard the inside of the royal court. Here are some pictures of them. Unfortunately I was not able to find more information about them on the internet. The distinguishing thing about them is the way they dress and that they are Circassians. Jordanian Circassians form 1% of the Jordanian community population.

0 comments: