My favorite greek singer!!

First weeks we arrived to Greece were the best. New country, new culture, everything..it was great. One of the places we went to was exactly on the sea shore in an area near Glyfada. It was Galeya Club if my spelling is correct.

We had a great time there. They plaid a variety of English and Greek songs that night. I particularly liked one of the songs. It had the following lyrics:"Dexero putha moun acora..fa ka ftasi..." bla bla bla. Something like that. I woke up the next day with a hanger over and with the song stuck in my head (people where singing it along like crazy). So I searched Youtube for greek songs hoping to find it...AND I DID :)

It was for Thanos Petrelis - An den eixa kai esena (Θάνος Πετρέλης - Αν δεν είχα καί εσένανε)! Great song..great singing and perfect voice! Afterwards I discovered the huge number of great voices that are found in Greece with international and local hits!

Unfortunately, in Jordan we don't have many beautiful voices, very few actually and they can't find sponsors to help them build their career.

One of the best voices I heard in Jordan, and in comparison to Thanos, is Diana Karazon. She won Superstar Idol TV program, like Thanos did in Fame Story.

Diana afterwards made a great album which I bought (Please note that when I buy an album this means it is an awesome one, because most of the time I only download pirated songs :P ).

But afterwards she was away from the spotlight, I don't know, and she did not release any albums.

Overall, I think Jordanian music artists should find proper funding and most importantly the encouragement from family and friends!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well the Jordanian artists recives alot of encouragment from their family and friends and even from all of the Jordanian people; remember the votes for Diana Karzon, we used to receive sms from the telecommunication companies here in Jordan to vote for her and even it's free of charge.. But the major problem is like what you've said they don't receive a proper funding...